This is the simplified manual for "Apache JMeter - Standalone" from Azure Marketplace.
What's Apache JMeter - Standalone
"Apache JMeter - Standalone" performs stress tests from a single server.
- If multiple servers are required for stress tests, Please use Apache JMeter Multiserver. (Comming soon)
Main functions of Apache JMeter - Standalone
- Using Azure Virtual Machine.
- Based on CentOS 7.7 Linux
- Can connect to Windows via Remote Desktop Client(RDP) because Remote Desktop Service pre-installed.
- Apache JMeter 5.2 are pre-installed.
- Installed Japanese, Korean, Chinese fonts.
- Deployed as Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
- Virtual machine can connect through TCP/3389. (If GUI is required for RDS)
- Virtual machine can connect through TCP/22. (If CLI is required for SSH)
How to build
Enter "jmeter single pnop" as a filter condition from Azure Marketplace, search for "Apache JMeter - Standalone", and then deploy it like a simple virtual machine.
When creating a virtual machine from the Azure Marketplace, in the initial state, a public IP address accessible from the Internet is created and all reception ports of NSG are blocked.
Building in existing virtual network
After deploying Apache JMeter virtual machine, make sure that TCP/3389 and TCP/22 are allowed to connect from the operation source in the NSG inbound / outbound rule of the subnet to which it belongs.
(Allow if not permitted)
Because the rule of VirtualNetwork tag written in NSG's default reception rule sometimes makes it possible to access Apache JMeter's virtual machine from an unexpected place, add a deny rule to NSG accordingly as necessary.
Building in new virtual network
When creating a virtual machine from the Azure Marketplace or after deploying the virtual machine, make sure that TCP/3389 and TCP/22 are allowed to connect from the connection source in NSG inbound rules.
(Allow if not permitted)
How to use
Select your preferred type of operation, Remote Desktop with GUI or SSH with CLI.
*The manual for Apache JMeter is not included in this document.
Use for GUI
Remote Desktop Connection
Connect with Remote Desktop (RDP) from the client PC.
- Computer field : Input the Public IP Address found from the previous 'How to use' Section. It can also be found on the Summary Blade.
The Remote Desktop screen appears and a dialog box of "Login to (virtual machine name)" is displayed. Set the following information and click [OK]
- Session : Xvnc
- username : The user name you specified when you deployed from Marketplace
- password : The password you specified when you deployed from Marketplace
Start JMeter application
- Double-click [jmeter] on the remote desktop screen.
The following message is displayed only at the first startup. Click “Tsust and Launch”.
"The application launcher "jmeter.desktop" has no been maked as trusted. If you do not know the source of this file, launching it may be unsafe."
- You can change the display language from [Choose Language] on the [Options] menu.
Use for CLI
Please connect and operate with SSH or Azure Virtual Machine serial console.
JMeter Path: /usr/local/jmeter
Updates for software
For the software version of CentOS and JMeter, the latest version at the time of registration in Marketplace has already been applied.
Please update CentOS and software as necessary.
- Can't connect to Virtual Machine with Remote Desktop
- You need to be able to connect to Virtual Macine via TCP/3389 port.
Please check the following.
- Is it set to allow TCP/3389 inbound rule with Azure NSG assigned to subnet or NIC?
- In the case of via Azure LoadBalancer, is the LoadBalancer properly forwarding to TCP / 3389 of the virtual machine?
- You need to be able to connect to Virtual Macine via TCP/3389 port. Please check the following.
Support is available at a charge.
- Supported inquiries example
- The target solution can not be deployed as Azure Virtual Machine.
- Azure Virtual Machine does not work properly after deployment
- The following are not supported
- General usage on CentOS and JMeter
- For general questions about Azure, please go to "Azure Technical Support Service".
If you wish to support, please contact below.
pnop inc. - Marketplace Solutions Support Sales
Copyright(C) 2019 pnop inc, Allrights Reserved.